Book your Imagination Gaming, Sheffield C.U. Zoom Session HERE!... from the 10th of July...
Before we get going, the below is strictly for members of Sheffield Children's University, don't say we didn't tell you!!! You may still want to read on even if you're not though, it is interesting!
We can now announce the 6, hour long zoom sessions we have scheduled as part of this year's annual, Sheffield Children's University Festival of Fun! Details of when the sessions are and how to book are below - please make sure to read carefully, using only the link provided to ensure your application can be dealt with effectively!
(PS you will need your Sheffield CU Passport Number... if you don't have one, you can get a passport from your local library or contact Sheffield CU to arrange one. We'll wait for you but do it quickly!)
So What's It All About?!
Each year Imagination Gaming supports the Sheffield Children's University's fantastic, annual, Festival Of Fun with the latest games and activities in a series of workshops across the city. These provide an opportunity for students (and their families) to have fun, learn something new and of course gain extra credits in their Passports to Learning.
Obviously, this year, things are going to be a little different!...
But, good news! While we won't be able to deliver our usual brand of face-to-face games antics across the table, we have been working hard behind the scenes to come up with a way for people to still get a bit of Imagination Gaming fun into their Summer and continue to earn C.U. credits
Each session will give participants an opportunity to take part in some group games with the other members, as well as ideas to take away and make their own and signpost to other Imagination Gaming resources too.
What Will We Be Doing?!
The sessions will be varied and are still being planned, but are likely to contain one main group game, book-ended at the start and end with some fun little puzzles, games or activities too! Playing live games over Zoom isn't the easiest thing but we are being careful with which activities we choose to make it work, make it simple and make it FUN!!!
Obviously we won't be able to share pieces, boards or decks of cards... but we're working round that. (EEK!) You may be asked to prepare some props to use at your end, but nothing more than household objects and the diversity of anything you choose will add to the fun! It may just be you need a pen and paper. We may also send you some instructions beforehand to get you ready to play... but again nothing difficult.
How To Get Involved...!
Well... you are definitely going to definitely need:
- PC / Laptop, with a camera and a microphone!***
- A Zoom account. A free account is fine to join in. Be prepared to set this up early and have some practice using it with your friends first!
- We'd also recommend you being sat at a table
- We'll contact you in good time if you need anything extra to help play along!
***Please be aware we recommend one 'player' and adult per pc / application! - If there are multiple participants on the same PC, they may need to participate as if one player. We are trying a mix of ideas here so that may not be ideal!
OK, sounds good. When?!
To give as many people as possible a chance to join in, we are initially restricting sessions to 1 per student, BUT, if there are gaps we will happily contact you again to see if you would like to do more.
When applying please ALWAYS choose a preferred first and second choice session. (if you feel you can do any, tell us and we'll make a separate note, but do not send a list of four or five please!)
Session 1 : Thursday 30th July, 11am
Session 2 : Thursday 30th July, 2pm
Session 3 : Tuesday 4th August, 11am
Session 4 : Tuesday 4th August, 2pm
Session 5: Friday 7th August, 11am
Session 6: Friday 7th August, 2pm
READY TO SIGN UP? Awesome...!
Please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:***
- Title the email "CU ZOOM INTEREST, Family Name:....." , and add your name in the subject line too.
- Clearly state your 1st and 2nd Choice dates and times ONLY (if you can do any, say that as well!)
- Confirm four credentials - your Full Contact Name and Email, as well as the child's name and age.
- Your child's Sheffield Children's University Passport Number. Without this we cannot consider you, but remember you go here to get one!
*** by applying you agree to the following as previously detailed!
- All attendees are 8 years or older, no exceptions.
- There will always be a responsible adult in accompaniment.
- An understanding that this is a group activity - so play nice!!!
PS... A general note about safe-guarding. As part of the organisation of these sessions with the CU, and our ongoing status as a named Learning Destination, we have fulfilled not only our strict safe-guarding policies as per our normal face to face work in schools etc, but also put further standards in place as submitted to the Sheffield CU with regards to delivering these sessions online. We always play safe!
Please be aware we may get a lot of interest, so replies will be standard wherever possible. While we always welcome questions, please do not ask us to "bend" any of the rules we have mentioned, they are all there for good reason!
We'll get back to you via email. The sooner you apply the better as once a session becomes full it will be removed from the above list. We will reply by the 20th July at the very latest, if not earlier depending on demand. It will give us more time to schedule groups and see what more, if anything is possible! We like more!
Until then, definitely do the following!...
- Follow us on Facebook here, it's the easiest way to keep up to speed with the latest news and games! We love to hear your thoughts too!
- Check out the hundred's of games coming into this years IGGY's, the Imagination Gaming Games of the Year awards. These are what we'd be playing in the libraries, but you can see them here and read reviews on our FB page!
- Visit our newly updated Webstore for the latest and greatest games for the Summer and beyond. Search by themes and genres to find your favourites... FREE POSTAGE too!
We know it's been a weird time! We've missed doing what we normally do around the country, in schools and libraries, conventions and festivals, but things are still happening! Keep in touch, keep safe and keep playing...
... and as it says in the title, Sheffield, we'll C U Zoom!
*please note these initial sessions are for students of the Sheffield Children's University only (and their guardians). Anyone who lives and goes to school in Sheffield can easily join the amazing-ness of what the CU do, simply visit the Sheffield Children's University website here.